More than half of the children in our Dodgeland Schools come from low income households. The parents cannot afford to pay full price for lunches nor can they afford school supplies for their children. The Gathering Source provides school supply filled backpacks to our Dodgeland students of families in need. A gift of just $30 provides the tools for a child’s success at school.
What We Do
In a time where school funding in Wisconsin continues to decrease, the burden of providing school supplies for students now belongs to the parents. We make a point of providing backpacks that fill each child with pride so they do not stand out from the rest of the students. The backpacks are assembled by student volunteers. Each backpack is then placed at the child’s desk for open house. To preserve a student’s privacy and dignity, backpack recipients remain confidential.
How You Can Help
A gift of $30 will provide the tools a student needs for a successful school year. Here is a list of the NEW school supplies we need for the 2018/2019 school year.
· Gender Neutral Sturdy Back Packs
· Head Phones and/or Ear Buds
· Plastic Pencil Box (grade school)
· Zippered Pencil Pouch
· #2 Pencils, Red Pens
· Colored Pencils 24 Pack
· Package of Assorted Markers – High School
· 10 or 12pk of Washable Markers – Elementary
· Solid color STURDY folders (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow)
· 1” Binder, 2” Binder
· Solid color Spiral Notebooks 70 Ct. wide Rule (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow
· Composition Notebooks
· Composition Notebook (Quadrille ruled) – High school
· Loose Leaf – College ruled
· Expo Markers
· Glue Sticks
· 3×3 Post-it Notes
· Plastic Ruler
· Zip Loc Bags (Gallon, Quart)